1. On September 25, 2023, the visionary, Marija, received the following monthly message:
“Dear children! I call you to a strong prayer. Modernism wants to enter your thoughts and rob you of the joy of prayer and the encounter with Jesus. Therefore, my dear little children, renew prayer in your families, so that my maternal Heart may be joyful as in the first days, when I chose you and when prayer resounded day and night – and heaven was not silent, but in this place of grace it gave peace and blessing in abundance. Thank you for answering my call.”
2. A spirit of revelation. A French-speaking priest who was visiting Medjugorje told us about a surprising event that can help us to reflect on the holy mystery of the Mass and what happens there in the invisible, that we do not see.
One day, he was celebrating Mass in his parish and started praying for the deceased according to the rite of the missal. Out of the blue, a man came and stood next to him in front of the altar. Our friend was very surprised, for this man was neither a priest, nor had he been invited to concelebrate. He was wearing street clothes, and at first the priest felt disturbed by this. What is this man doing here, he wondered? But he soon understood the purpose of this presence, for suddenly the man begged him aloud, “Pray for me!” Pray for me! Then he gave the priest his name and surname. I am XXX XXX (we will keep this anonymous!), he said. Then the priest immediately prayed for him aloud, mentioning his name and surname, just like when Mass is offered for a deceased person. Then the man disappeared the same way he had come.
The priest understood that this person was a poor soul suffering in Purgatory. No one in the congregation saw him. Only the priest did. Then Mass ended very simply. But after Mass, a man rushed up to the priest and, in a state of deep emotion, asked him: “Do you know my son? You prayed for him! You named him in your prayer! He committed suicide!”
On that day, seeing that his son had manifested himself, this long-suffering father received a great consolation!
This is a significant fact! It is not surprising that priests or lay people see souls in Purgatory, or just hear them. The sacrifice of the Mass is a very profound mystery, it connects earth to heaven and heaven to earth. The souls of the departed need our help! By God’s permission, they sometimes give us signs to ask for our prayer. Offering them our support is a great act of love towards them, it helps them enter Heaven more quickly. (See PS1). Let us not forget that for the soul, the smallest sufferings of purification in Purgatory are more painful than the greatest sufferings on earth. It is therefore urgent to come to their aid!
3. I only have my soul! Undermined by modernism, our society is increasingly denying the reality of the soul and its eternal character. What a huge loss! This is why Mary reminds us: “I understand your pains and your sorrows, and with my motherly love I wipe away your tears. Trust in my Son, for He will do for you what you would not even know how to ask for. You, my children, must concern yourselves only with your soul, for it is the only thing that belongs to you on this earth. Your soul is what you will be bringing, dirty or clean, before the Heavenly Father.” (2. 07. 2016)
4. A war breaks out in the Middle East! How many men, women and children have already lost their lives there and in many other places have become victims of merciless conflicts! More than ever, peace is threatened, and many are gripped by fear. But… Be on guard! The enemy’s goal is to rob us the little peace we have and to instill fear in our minds and hearts. Then, he can manipulate us as he wants. This is one of his typical ploys! Once again, Mary shows the way of life to all those who have decided to let her guide them:
“My Son has promised me that evil will never overcome,” she said, “because you righteous ones are here; you who try to say your prayers from the heart; you who offer your sorrows and sufferings to my Son; you who understand that life is just the blink of an eye; you who yearn for the Kingdom of Heaven; this is all that makes you my apostles and guides you to the Triumph of my Heart! (Nov. 2, 2014)
“If you make peace in your heart, your peace will flow from your heart like a river that will flow throughout the world.” (Feb. 25, 1991)
Each one of us can work mightily to protect peace, if we let God dwell into our hearts. “Christ is our peace” (Eph 2:13). Big and small, young and old, let us all offer our sufferings to Christ, out of love for Him, so that these sufferings, united with those of Christ, take on infinite value! (See the Diary of Sr Faustina). Without even leaving our homes, we become peacemakers, and we share in the Redemption of Christ! That is so magnificent!
Vidéo: “Let Peace Flow to Your Heart Like a River”
Here is, for example, a very simple approach: “Jesus, I offer you my sorrows, my difficulties, my worries, my pains and all my sufferings! I beg you, please unite them with yours so that they may bear much fruit!”. In this way, a situation that our nature rejects (God did not create suffering!) becomes a source of blessings. By our doing this, Jesus is then able to extend the effects of his salvation to many.
The most magnificent example of this reality is that of the Blessed Mother, who lived her whole life in deep union with her Son, sharing in His joys and His sorrows. Who better than she can now powerfully intercede for us? St. Paul himself clearly expresses the fruit of his trials that he suffered with Christ and that he offered to Him. (See PS2)
That’s why let’s take heart! With God, all things are possible! In God, fatality doesn’t exist. He will work miracles if we pray fervently for peace, in a spirit of reparation and offering on behalf of our brothers and sisters in the Middle East and all those who are victims of the war. Why should we allow ourselves to be demoralized? God is waiting for our intercessory prayer, our cooperation in His divine work! It is up to us to make use of this wonderful gift and power that was granted to us from the moment we were baptized!
5. A remarkable intervention by Mary! During my recent mission in Spain, I met a couple whose story filled me with deep joy. As a result of a stroke, Ramón had fallen into a deep coma. The only thing keeping him alive was a ventilator in intensive care. After several months of futile attempts to revive him, there was no hope left and the doctors decided to pull the plug. But his wife remembered that one of her friends had brought her, from Medjugorje, several religious objects that had been blessed by a priest and also by Our Lady during one of her apparitions. In fact, at the end of her apparitions, Mary blesses the articles presented to her, such as rosaries, medals, crosses, rose petals, Bibles, pious images, letters, etc. Therefore, Ramon’s wife had the idea of bringing them to the hospital and placing them next to her husband. She gently swept a blessed rose petal over the left side of his forehead, while praying fervently.
At that moment, she saw her husband raise his right arm in the air. She could hardly believe it! She did the same thing on the right side of her husband’s forehead, who suddenly raised his left arm. When she came back the next day, she did the same thing again, and her husband bent his legs. In a word, he was waking up! These signs of recovery were observed by the medical staff. They decided to continue the treatment. Sometime later, Ramón was discharged from hospital in good health.
This couple’s hearts are now filled with immense gratitude! That evening, I saw Ramón with my own eyes and spoke to him, because he came with his wife to my talk at Villanueva de la Cañada, near Madrid.
Who acted to bring about this spectacular healing? Jesus, through the priest who had blessed these articles, or Mary who had also blessed them? Actually, both! Mary tells us, “The blessing of the priest is greater than mine, for when a priest blesses you, it is Jesus who blesses you.” But in Mary’s blessing there is all the power of her love for us, the power of her intercession and the motherly anointing that belongs to her. “Jesus listens to His Mother!” she says. (March 2, 2 015) Her motherly blessing is one of the great gifts she offers in Medjugorje.
Certainly, the healing of the body was a wonderful gift for Ramón. But the radical conversion of this couple, of their family and their circle of friends, is an even more precious gift! For we are all called to holiness, and this holiness is what will remain after our short life on earth, and then we will enter eternal life!
6. Don’t miss our videos:
7. Our next live broadcast in French will be on October 26th at 9pm.
New online catechesis, audio version (it is not necessary to have Spotify).
Dearest Gospa, how can we repay you for all the good you do for us? How can we console you, you who cry tears of blood for our humanity which is increasingly ignorant of your Son? Let us live in this safe haven that is your maternal Heart!
Sister Emmanuel + (Community of the Beatitudes)
Translated from French
PS1. The Church suggests many kinds of support to help the poor souls. First of all, the celebration of Mass, and also the Rosary, the Way of the Cross, fasting, alms…
PS2. “… I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the Church.” (Colossians 1:24)
PS6. “Jesus today”. Here is some excellent daily nourishment to grow in the love of Christ! On the website Mary of Nazareth you will find the gospel of the day with a very interesting comment to “Jesus today”.
PS10. Our Lady is hoping to hear from you! Give joy to her heart, write to her your gratitude and your needs at “Queen of Peace”, BP 2157, F-06103 Nice Cedex, France. Your letter will be given to a visionary, and Mary will answer you in prayer.