1. On April 25, 2022, the visionary, Marija, received the following monthly message:
“Dear children! I am looking at you and I see that you are lost. That is why I am calling all of you: return to God, return to prayer – and the Holy Spirit will fill you with His love which gives joy to the heart. Hope will grow in you, also for a better future, and you will become joyful witnesses of God’s mercy in you and around you. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
2. A little secret for this month of Mary which, I hope, can help some people. There was a period in my life when I suffered a lot and I came to curse the day I was born. Then the Lord showed me His mercy, and I was able to follow Him with joy and peace.
When I arrived in Medjugorje in 1989, our Lady really captured my heart, to such an extent that I would sometimes cry with joy. Before that, I loved her, but there was a distance between us. In Medjugorje, I found myself curled up on her mother’s lap, like a small child resting in safety and receiving from his mother everything he needs to live and grow. This bond between her and myself was so strong that I couldn’t even imagine ever leaving Medjugorje. To me this would have felt like being ejected from the mother’s womb prematurely, and perishing in a desert. For 2 years, I was fed on the messages that were like blood transfusions for me, they were life communications that I received hungrily. This source of living water quenched my thirst.
Little anecdote: A holy woman who often came with groups to Medjugorje gave me a word of knowledge: “One day you will take your pilgrim’s staff and you will go and carry Mary’s messages all over the world.” I said, “No way! That is a false prophecy, I will not be able to leave from here!” But she was right, as was proven in the following years. I felt ready to travel with Our Lady in my heart.
Actually, I was experiencing the reason why Mary came to Medjugorje. She explains it so well in her messages to each of us, her beloved children. “Dear children, as I carried my Son Jesus in my womb, so I desire to carry each of you on the path of holiness.” And also: “I love each one of you as much as I love my Son Jesus.” “Dear children, I would like to gather you into my embrace… but you do not wish it!”
These are not empty words; she offers a deep and intimate experience to each of her children. Of course, she acts in a unique way with each one of us. She educates us as a mother does, to enrich us and beautify us so that she can place us in the embrace of her Son and in the heart of the Father.
When I came to Medjugorje, I had no work to do (that did not last long!), and I spent a great deal of time on the mountains with the sister from my community who had come with me. One day, at the foot of Podbrdo, I said to Mary, “When I get up there, I’m going to have a good time with you and I’m going to pray to you really well.” So, I climbed, but once I arrived at the small metal cross that stood there at the time, to mark where the apparitions take place, I forgot about Our Lady! On the other hand, I was seized by a completely different prayer, almost irresistible, which sprang from the depths of my heart. I kept fervently repeating, “O Father, I thank you for the gift of my life! O Father, thank you for creating me! (See PS1)
As I came down, I realized that I had not kept my promise to Mary and I said to her: “Forgive me, once up there, I completely forgot you!” But sometime later, I understood the meaning of this: Our Lady had remembered that I previously cursed the day I was born; then, as a mother, she wanted to erase from me all traces of these horrible words spoken in suffering, and she aroused in me her own prayer, a kind of Magnificat for my own heart. In short, she was waiting for me on the Hill and it was she who wanted to plunge me into the embrace of my Creator, the Father of Heaven, “from whom all fatherhood flows in Heaven and on Earth” so that I could glorify Him along with her. As always, she humbly stood back so that I could embrace God, the Father of Mercy.
I will never forget what she did for me, who in no way deserved such a favor.
I share this experience with joy because every one of us can experience this vital bond that exists between such a Mother and her child. I am certain that Mary is preparing graces for each one of us that are even greater than those I received… nothing less, given the distress of today’s world! Her joy as a Mother is to give the best she has to her children, to give them God and the path that leads to Him. If we are consecrated to her body and soul, we desire the Triumph of her Immaculate Heart and we hasten this Triumph. By working with her, miracles happen.
This is also why she invites us to always pray for those of her children who do not yet know God’s love. Her pain is great when she sees them so distant from her Son. She even went so far as to say, on 24 March 1984: “Please, do not let my heart weep with tears of blood because of the souls who are getting lost in sin.”
3. The Child Jesus was moving! Two days ago, a man came to pray in our little stable in the garden, with his group. He testified that he had committed grave sins in his life. When his turn came to take the Child Jesus into his arms, his eyes suddenly widened, he was stunned with amazement: the Child Jesus had moved and, with His head, forcefully struck this man’s heart! Bang, bang!… as he himself told us with great simplicity. This lasted for a while and with each new blow, this brother felt that the Child Jesus was striking at his heart, as if to penetrate it, heal it and dwell there. Of course, a good confession followed this grace. This is one example among many…
4. Earthquakes. In Judith’s words…. “Last month, in Medjugorje, we had an earthquake. It was around 11 o’clock at night, and I was about to fall asleep. When I felt the first quake, I was almost fast asleep. (See PS2) I was amazed at the “supernatural” calm that filled me at that moment. Deep inside, I heard that little sentence from Psalm 46, “Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea (See PS 3). As I was still half asleep, I did not have the presence of mind to follow up on this psalm, but I knew it was an invitation to trust God, in the certainty that He is stable forever. And that was enough for me.
“It was as if I have been given the certainty that I should have no fear, for God is watching over me. It was a wonderful experience to see the Word of God alive and acting in the depths of our minds with extraordinary efficiency. A few months ago, I took the time to calmly read this psalm: I meditated on it carefully, taking the time to bring down into my heart each sentence and really adhere to what it said. It was as if I had brought into my heart a treasure that the Holy Spirit had ‘activated’ in the concrete circumstance of the earthquake.”
5. The pain of a Mother… In her April message, Our Lady does not mince her words. Imagine the pain of a mother who sees her children lost, one after the other! I’ve seen so many mothers cry… what can I say? It breaks one’s heart! Especially when it comes to our Heavenly Mother who is only love and tenderness! I have never seen the Blessed Virgin, but all the visionaries of Medjugorje have seen her cry. Mirjana says we can console her by praying for those who do not know God’s love. That is how we wipe away the tears that flow from her eyes down her cheeks. In this month of Mary, we want to give her this joy! Since she said that she wants to give us her Heart, well, let us dare to ask her for it! Her motherly Heart will form within us a new capacity to love, and we will take part in her powerful intercession for those of her children that are most lost. This is urgent!
6. Charles de Foucault will be canonized on May 15th in Rome.
A beautiful example of a contemplative life! He wrote:
“As soon as I came to believe there was a God, I understood that I could not do otherwise than live only for him.”
“Imitation is inseparable from love: it’s the secret of my life. I’ve lost my heart to this Jesus of Nazareth, crucified 1900 years ago, and I have spent my life trying to imitate him as best as my weakness allows.”
“For every Catholic, there is a priceless treasure: the Lord’s closeness in the holy sacrifice and in the most holy sacrament of the altar. Whoever is penetrated by a living faith in Christ present in the tabernacle, whoever knows that a friend is constantly waiting for us there, always with the time, the patience and the sympathy to listen to complaints, petitions and problems, with advice and help in all things… this person cannot remain desolate and abandoned even in the greatest of difficulties. He always has a refuge where tranquility and peace can still be found.”
“The soul’s conversation with God in faith, hope and charity… Over time, the soul will bear fruit exactly to the extent that the inner man will have formed in it…” (See PS4, his prayer of surrender to the Father)
7. Our next live broadcast in French will be on May 26 at 9pm. The live broadcast of April 26, with commentary on the message of April 25, can be seen here:
8. SPOTIFY! A very practical and brand new tool! Don’t miss the opportunity to listen to the selection of talks I have given to date, to help us walk together towards the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary!
Dearest Gospa, O Blessed Virgin, you are Moses’ basket, you are the vessel containing the Word, you are the storehouse of the new wine by which the soberness of believers becomes inebriated. You are the Mother of God, the limit set to sin, by whom men rise from the depths of vice and reach the delights of angels. (The Letters of Adam of Perseigne, Letter II;13-15)
Sister Emmanuel + (Community of the Beatitudes)
Translated from French
PS 1. “…you knit me together in my mother’s womb.” (Ps 139:13)
PS 2. An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.7 occurred on April 23rd in Bosnia and Herzegovina. There were several major tremors and material damage. There were many wounded and a young woman from Stolac was killed. It was felt in Croatia, Montenegro and Serbia.
PS 3. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth gives way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.”
PS 4. Charles de Foucault’s Prayer of Abandonment:
“Father, I abandon myself into your hands, do with me what you will. Whatever you may do, I thank you: I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only your will be done in me and in all your creatures. I wish no more than this, O Lord. Into your hands, I commend my soul; I offer it to you with all the love of my heart; For I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself: To surrender myself into your hands without reserve and with boundless confidence. For you are my Father.”
PS 5. In Sinu Jesu. A best-seller translated into 12 languages! The diary of an Irish Benedictine priest. There is a very deep dialog between the priest and the Lord Jesus, Mary and some saints such as Little Thérèse. A book that changes the life of a Christian by opening unsuspected horizons for his relationship with God.
PS 6. Another example of how God intervenes in the lives of gangsters is demonstrated in the life of a notorious gangster from London who had an incredible conversion, and now devotes his life to God by giving missions in schools and parishes around the UK and Ireland. His book ‘From Gangland to Promised Land’ tells us of his profound conversion.
PS 7. Are you wondering what’s happening today in the Catholic Church? We strongly advice that you read Ralph Martin’s latest book:
“A Church in Crisis: Pathways Forwards”. Ralph offers a detailed look at the growing hostility to the Catholic Church and its teaching. With copious evidence he uncovers the forces working to undermine the Body of Christ and offers hope to those looking for clarity.
PS 10. “Jesus today”. Here is some excellent daily nourishment to grow in the love of Christ! On the website Mary of Nazareth you will find the gospel of the day with a very interesting comment to “Jesus today”.
PS 11. During this time of restricted movement to other countries, some of you may want to read one (or more) of my books. They can be purchased from whichever continent you live on! If you would like to buy one for yourself or for a friend you can buy the paperback or e-book at the following links:
PS 14. Our Lady is hoping to hear from you! Give joy to her heart, write to her your gratitude and your needs at “Queen of Peace”, BP 2157, F-06103 Nice Cedex, France. Your letter will be given to a visionary, and Mary will answer you in prayer.